Friday, May 24, 2013

The NEW Morning Routine

Image Credit: Tools for a great life

Hi all.

What do you do in the morning? Is your morning a scrabble of dressing, eating and out the door? Do you give yourself time to relax and greet the morning?

Well until recently I didn't really give much though to my morning. However, because lately I have completely changed my routines because of my health problems I have begun to appreciate how important starting the day on the right note can be for the rest of your day.

I do realise that not everyone has a lot of time in the mornings to do everything they want.

But I can't stress enough just how important it is to give yourself some love and attention in the morning.

Firstly, if you can exercise I highly recommend it. You feel better during the day, your mind is clearer, your complexion has a glow to it, you are more conscious about what you put into your body and you don't have to worry about whether or not your going to feel like it after a busy day at work or school because you have already tackled it!

Image Credit: Joseph Coyne

IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING MAKE IT THIS. Have a good nourishing breakfast, full of protein, fruit, calcium and whole grains. Something that will fill you up and give you the energy to tackle whatever the day throws at you.

Take 5 minutes out to sit quietly and focus on your breathing. This is something that I have found to be so helpful in calming my mind. Give yourself a few weeks before you decided that meditation isn't for you, because you do really need to let yourself go and relax into it. Before you know it you'll be so thankful you stuck with it. The benefits for meditation are crazy! And best thing is is doesn't cost you a sent.
Image Credit: Stylerunner

So my morning routine looks like this:
1. exercise
2. Oil pulling with extra virgin organic coconut oil
3. glass of bentonite clay
4. dry body brushing
5. shower
6. meditation
7. glass of warm water with apple cider vinegar
8. breakfast

Now the first 4 things I haven't actually written a post on but I started doing them after reading the Wellness Warrior blog. Jess is an inspiration and I am so thankful to have found her blog. She writes so well and is completely engaging in her message and her other contributors are just as lovely and informative. So I hope you check it out- if you want to know about the first 4 things in my morning routine she has spoken about them there.

So what does your morning routine look like? And how does it make your day?

I truly believe that showing yourself some love and attention in the morning makes you day so much better! We don't show ourselves enough self-love. So go on and take some time in the morning to make yourself feel great.

Have an uplifting day

No comments:

Post a Comment